Wednesday, December 22, 2010

you're all that matters to me.

When you're little, you like to think you know everything, but the last thing you 

really want is to know too much.




  What you really want is for grown-ups to make the world a safe place where 

dreams can come true and promises are never broken




And when you're little, it doesn't seem like a lot to ask. (:






xxx.
.
Oh by the way, Happy Winter Solstice folks!
Have you guys eaten tangyuan / glutinous rice balls?
Tang yuan is a traditional Chinese dessert which is well loved by all generations. They’re basically glutinous rice balls (either filled or unfilled) that are served in a sweet broth. They’re most popular during the winter solstice (Dongzhi festival) – usually celebrated in December (it is on the 22nd this year), and symbolizes the day in the year where the day is the shortest. After this celebration, the Chinese believe that the days will be filled with more hours of sunlight, and therefore an increase in the amount of positive energy. In addition, eating these during the winter solstice also symbolizes becoming a year older. (Opps, I actually choose to ignore this last fact, because if I truly age a year every time I eat tang yuan, I would cringe to think how old I am now…hmmmm)
However, what I like about Winter Solstice festival most is not the tang yuan itself, but it is the fact that I get to spend my precious time with the family <3
It's like a time for the family to get-together,yesss?
And I guess, that is all that matters, isn't it?
Nuff' said.
I'm gonna have my tang yuan now.
Have a good day and stay tuned ! (:

3 comments:

Nikel Khor said...

nicer wor.. eat tangyuan.. family gathering

Small Kucing said...

Happy Winter Solstices to you too

Eunice Mayhoong said...

Nikel: haha,you're so right. nothing better than that seriously <3

Small Kucing: hey you! thanks a lot! (:

Post a Comment