Monday, February 21, 2011

10 things I did during my summer break.

WARNING:  IT'S A LONG LONG POST FULL OF PICTURES. 

 Okay, I know I might have been saying this a zillion times, but time flies, like seriously. Sigh. Another week just flew by so quickly sometimes I wonder what is my purpose of living. Then again, I'm probably just another typical lost girl in a lost lost world. Who cares anyways? (:

Enough said. Back to the topic.

 So yay, apart from the incident that caused me weeks of heartbreak and suffering, My summer break was actually a real blast!  Read it and you will know why!

xxx.


#1 First thing first, I went to Ipoh and Penang Island on vacation with the family during the end of December. It was a last-minute trip but I'm glad we made it <3



Kek Lok Si Temple





an ornate shelter for the Kuan Yin statue.



 so colourful ;)







Nga Choi (Bean Sprouts) - seasoned with some pepper, light soya sauce and oil.




Nga Choi Gai (Bean Sprouts Chicken) is lovessss!



   Egg tarts in Ipoh!

  
     Strait Quay in Penang Island! It was my first time there and I must say it's a very nice place with beautiful decoration. You all should really visit there someday!



#2 Went to the pub/bar to celebrate one of my friend's birthday, William.



ZOUK Cafe Bar @ The Gardens Midvalley City that is. 



#3 worked as a student helper for Curtin University in the Star Education Fair 2011.


where I met really awesome lecturers and officers (: 
They are very cute as well!

Also, helped out in the pre-departure briefing for the new students in Berjaya Times Square Hotel.

  It was definitely an experience I won't ever forget in my life.




#4 took LRT (light rail transit) and went to shopping at Sungei Wang & Times Square all alone
     and i must say it was fun shopping alone!

 




Random: cute, isn't it? 



#5 went down to Klang (Y) to visit the relatives during Chinese New Year. After chilling at the cousin's house, we headed to Restoran V Garden to have our dinner. 






Specially thanks my cousin for treating us the satisfying meal! 


   Tai Yang Bing (Suncake) <3



Oh, and also the souvenirs all the way from Taiwan! <3
  

Since we were already in Klang, we decided to pay a visit to GM Klang Wholesale City whereby they claimed it the south east Asia most comprehensive first stop wholesale city, 


And what's more, it is certificate by the Malaysian Book of Records as the Largest Wholesale Plazza in Malaysia.

But seriously, I won't go there for the second time already. Heh, cause it's plain boring for me. It's just all the same accessories sold inside after all. 


   We got this though. Ahhh,good ol' days (:




  my brother playing with bubbles c:


    Vain picture of myself LOL.


  
Not forgetting, we had Bah Kut Teh at Klang as well. Nom nom nommmm. It's definitely my all time favourite.


#6 had some awesome sessions with the lovelies.


   watched quite a number of movies with them as well 



#7 I learnt to swim, like finally!


  
 it's never too late right? Heh. I'm so proud to say that I'm no longer afraid of water, so YAYYYY!



#8 worked as a promoter  (:

 "Friends are the Angels that help you fly"


  Got to meet a bunch of new friends there. And it was hell lots of fun!

 By the way, if you haven't seen one of the videos made by us, maybe you can have a look here. I still can't stop laughing until now! *inside joke*


#9 Celebrated my 'fake' birthday at Gardens Lifestyle Store & Cafe @ The Curve with the family <3



Gardens is a place to relax, unwind, and leave your worries at the door. After extensive travel around the world, the heart and brains behind the idea of Garden Lifestyle Store & Cafe came up with the idea to have a restaurant that serves good food in a beatiful setting. "Free Your Mind."






Every detail is thought through.


A white grand piano and lovely flowers around the cafe. The wooden chairs and the wooden tables are handsomely painted in white.



 The sigh that greeted us as we walked in was a vast array greens interspersed with beautiful flowers.






Iced Cappuccino.


Seafood Spaghetti.






#10 Finally, what else can a foodie like me do? Yessss, you hear it right, of course none other than food, food and more foodsssssss! hahaha,not funny, i know! But seriously, I have been eating a lot this summer break! I kid you not! thus the reason why I'm putting on weight like nobody's business. But i just can't help it! Why oh whyy.



Chicken Claws.


      Roasted eel & hot-spring egg pizza!




    Macha Ice-Cream! 







Prawn and Squid Spicy Pasta.


    Tutti Frutti's Frozen Yogurt <3


Japanese Pancake with squid.



 Baby Octopus!



 Kimchi   






otak-otak.


 Kajang's satay!



Long Kang Mee @ Tampin.





ABC/ Malaysian Shaved Ice (Ice Kacang).



so cuteee.



best mushroom soup @ Levain!




 Mee Jawa.


 Snowflake.



Cendol.


 Hokkien mee in Penang.



Udon-beef noodle.


Ikan Bakar.


Waffle with Ice-cream.



I guess that basically sum up my three months of summer break. Awesome? No? 

How about you? How did you spend your  holidays?


xxx.


 Cause baby,


you're a firework.
Come on,show 'em what you're worth.
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh 
as you shoot across the sky. 

five more days and I'll be back to the not-so-home-sweet-home!

Ahhhh,mixed feelings!

Till then.

Have a great week ahead folks!
xoxo.
(:

5 comments:

Jason Lee said...

A very nice post Eunice!!! and where's my tai yang bing, i want i want... else, was literally laughing about longkang mee, the name is soooo disturbing... lastly, wish u all the best again in your engineering course kay... =)

Eunice Mayhoong said...

Hahaha thank you Jason!! so strange calling me like that wey.haiya,you come my house and then i will give you laa :P I know right, but it's so tasty! Heh, all the best to you too! ;)

Jason Lee said...

Eunice Eunice Eunice euniceee euniceeeeee...!
Erm, you sure ahhhh? I come aldi, dont have anymore, i knock ur head..

siew foong said...

hahahaha!!!! mostly bout food...XD
nice post anyway...=)

eric said...

Lol,1st thing-even im christian bt de temple is really beau though,dun post too much food,i barely kip saliva drop on my com,n last ur bro look alike my frenz,haha,nice=)

Post a Comment